Project
Photography
Undergraduate
Project
Eilidh Scott
Beauty in the saved: helping reduce food waste through the lens
Photography
Undergraduate
Eilidh Scott
Beauty in the saved: helping reduce food waste through the lens

The UK throws away around 9.5 million tonnes of food waste in a single year. It’s estimated that around 60% of food waste comes from the home with the other 40% being divided out between businesses and the hospitality industry. UK food waste in landfills is responsible for 25 million tonnes of greenhouse gases, the equivalent of 10 million cars. With statistics as alarming as those, why are we not doing more to help reduce food waste?

Beauty in the saved: helping reduce food waste through the lens aims to turn food waste reduction schemes and initiatives into art. Through aspects of visual activism and editorial photography, the work seeks to create awareness of the issue of food waste and increase visibility to a handful of the small, but incredibly important, food waste reduction schemes and initiatives which are available in the UK.

Explore Photography
Project
Caitlin Laidlaw
Magnolia
Photography
Magnolia
Project
Thomas Harvey
Landslide
Photography
Landslide
Project
Sarah Beck
Reading The Room
Photography
Reading The Room
Project
Loana
How the light shines in
Photography
How the light shines in
Project
Ben Collins
Coming To Terms
Photography
Coming To Terms
Project
Rose Crome
Margins of Extinction
Photography
Margins of Extinction
Project
Anna Chapman
Visual Chronicle
Photography
Visual Chronicle
Project
Robyn White
Rush Hour
Photography
Rush Hour
Project
Ben Evans
Where The Line Leads
Photography
Where The Line Leads
Project
Jake Mabbott
Bromance
Photography
Bromance
Project
Ellie Lindenmayer
Dylan
Photography
Project
Eilidh Scott
Beauty in the saved: helping reduce food waste through the lens
Photography
Text
Malaysia Summer Exchange 2023
Fashion Management and Communication, Graphic Design, Interior Architecture and Design, Photography
Image by Hollie Belsham